Coming Soon September 15 New $$$ Incentives – see below!!!!
Lavington Life Society will be administering the 2017 Coldstream/Lavington Woodstove Exchange Program. Funding from the B.C. Government in partnership with the B.C. Lung Association has been approved for 35 wood stove exchanges. Rebates in the amount of $250 will be available on a first come first served basis. Coldstream residents will also receive a matching $250 rebate from Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc. Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc. is required to match every $250 from the B.C. Government and B.C. Lung Association as outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding between three members of Lavington Life, the Ministry of the Environment and Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc., dated June 17, 2016. The Memorandum of Understanding is the result of a mediated settlement of an appeal between Lavington Life members, the Ministry of the Environment and Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc. Participating retailers will also be offering rebates of $150 for a total savings of up to $650.00. Retailers wishing to participate in the program should contact the program coordinator (Dian Wirth) at firstname.lastname@example.org
A key component of the program is that the older non EPA wood stove or wood insert is destroyed, disabled or recycled. To be eligible for the $250 rebate from the B.C. Government and the B.C. Lung Association and the $250 rebate from Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc., customers must live in the District of Coldstream, they must purchase a new qualifying appliance from a local retailer, and the address where the unit is installed must also be within the District of Coldstream. Only certain new high efficiency appliances qualify under the program. For details about which appliances qualify please follow the link:
bcairquality.ca and go to Woodstove Exchange Program Guidelines.
- Visit your local participating retailer (listed below).
- Determine if your old stove qualifies to be replaced. The retailer can help you with this or you can email email@example.com
- Obtain a numbered tracking form from the retailer who will help you complete the form and forward the paperwork to the administrator of the program (Lavington Life Society).
- Choose a new EPA-certified wood, pellet, or gas burning hearth product (freestanding or fireplace insert).
- Disable and recycle your qualifying non EPA old wood burning appliance. Some retailers will recycle the appliance for you and submit relevant documentation.
- Install the new appliance using a WETT certified installer or have the installation inspected by a WETT certified inspector. If installing a gas appliance, submit gas permit. Submit proof of installation/inspection.
- You will receive two separate cheques each in the amount of $250 sent directly to your mailing address, a “Burn it Smart” DVD and a moisture meter.
The old wood burning appliance must be recycled and proof of recycling or destruction of the old stove must be provided (recycling documentation from landfill, or metal recyclers, or pictures of the old unit before removing and after disabling). Customers must also provide proof that the new appliance was installed in their residence in Coldstream according to safety standards by providing a receipt from a WETT certified installer. Rebates are limited – 35 for 2017. Therefore they will be issued on a first come, first served basis for these who meet all the program requirements. Rebate money will be available starting at the end of January 2017 and will be available until December 31, 2017 or until all the rebates have been awarded. Customers will obtain a numbered tracking form from participating retailers and following completion of the tracking form along with proof of recycling of the old stove, proof of purchase of the new qualifying appliance and proof of a WETT certified installation, rebates will be processed by the program coordinator within approximately 30 days of receiving documents. Cheques will be sent directly to the customer’s mailing address. Two separate cheques will be issued: one from Lavington Life Society, program administrator, and one from Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc. Qualifying products must be purchased within the same year as the rebate program (2017).
Starting September 15, 2017 there are New $$$ Incentives!!!
The new incentive levels are:
1) $250 for the replacement of an uncertified wood burning stove with a qualifying EPA or CSA certified replacement or an uncertified wood furnace with an EPA or CSA certified wood furnace ( no change in rebate to replace a wood appliance with a wood appliance)
2) $400 for the change-outs to a cleaner burning appliance such a pellet stove, an electric heat pump, or a gas or propane stove. (rebate increases from $250 to $400 to change wood appliance for pellet, heat pump, gas or propane appliance).
Air Tech Mechanical Ltd. 4315 25th Avenue, Vernon, B.C. V1T 1P5, Tel: 542-7255, Fax: 250 545 4793
H.A.O. Goodair #3 – 1935 11th Avenue, Vernon, B.C. V1T 9A9, Tel: 250-545-6662, Fax: 250-545-6642
Home Building Centre-Vernon 4601 27th Street, Vernon, B.C. V1T 4Y8, Tel: 250-545-5384, Fax: 250-545-0083
Irlybird Building Centre, Lumby, B.C. – 2060 Shuswap Avenue, Lumby, B.C. V0E 2G0, Tel: 250-547-2121, Fax: 250-547-2004
Stonecast Impressions Ltd., 2203 18th Avenue, Vernon, B.C. V1T 6P6, Tel: 778-475-6177, Fax: 778-475-6177
Sunfire Systems Ltd., 1633 Vernon Street, Lumby, B.C. V0E 2G0, Tel: 778-473-9008
Vernon Stone and Fireplaces Ltd, 104 – 1340 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, B.C. V1T 6V2, Tel: 250-260-3089, Fax: 250 260 3087
For more information about the program, please contact Lavington Life Society at 250 558 8207 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.